In the new issue of Rain Taxi there is a nice extensive review of Miss Homicide Plays the Flute.
I quote: “Miss Homicide Plays the Flute is tactile in both its richness and repulsiveness; it is a work of both relentless cruelty and immense sensuality.”
There is a limited edition hardcover and a paperback. Both can be purchased here.
My Dr. Black book will be out soon from PS Publishing. They haven’t posted a page for it yet, for ordering, but I am sure they soon will. A good bit of the material in it was previously published elsewhere, but the book itself doesn’t indicate where or when. I have therefore decided to post this here on my blog. Mind you, the book also doesn’t have an author bio.
So, here is the table of contents:
1. Introduction by Jeff VanderMeer – previously unpublished
2. A Season with Dr. Black – previously published in Leviathan 3, edited by Jeff VanderMeer and Forrest Aguirre, Ministry of Whimsy 2002
3. Fragment Group A – previously unpublished
4. Dr. Black and the Guerrilla – previously published by Grafitisk Press, 2005
5. Fragment Group B – previously unpublished
6. Dr. Black in Monte Carlo – previously unpublished
7. Red-Haired Man in a Sweater, From the Private Papers of Dr. Black – previously published in Heliotrope Magazine, edited by Jay Tomio, 2007
8. Fragment Group C – previously unpublished
9. Dr. Black and the Village of Stones – previously published in Electric Velocipede, edited by John Klima, 2007
10. Dr. Black, Thoughts and Patents – previously published in A New and Perfect Man, a Postscripts anthology, edited by Nick Gevers and Peter Crowther, 2011
11. Fragment – previously unpublished
12. Dr. Black in Rome – previously published in Album Zutique, edited by Jeff VanderMeer, Ministry of Whimsy 2003
13. Fragment Group D – previously unpublished
14. Dr. Black at Red Demon Temple – previously published in a Dutch translation in Wonderwaan, edited by Marcel Orie. This story appears here in English for the first time
15. Variety – previously unpublished